Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A sad afternoon

So there's this guy, a guy that as soon as I met I knew I wanted to be with.  We share so many interests and whenever I'm around him my heart just can't handle all of the love it feels.  He is that other half I've been waiting for my whole life.  This guy is in love with someone else who is with someone else.  He wants her and has for awhile.  In the meantime I want him so badly that I am willing to bare my soul and all of its darkest secrets, and so I did.

Now I'm trying to hold on to my heart and my dignity as I was told that gee you're  great and we have so much in common, but I would rather be with someone who basically has disregarded me for two years but that I have physical attraction to.  And I don't want to give you a chance because even though you're great, I'm not physically attracted to you.

So now I stand here wondering is physical attraction really that important in a relationship?  This guy is not super cute but just kind of an average looking person but I didn't fall for his looks I fell for the beauty inside.  Am I a dying breed?  Has the world become so superficial that inner beauty is dead?  

I'm feeling crushed by the pain in my heart that inner beauty is discounted so easily by anyone, but especially by someone that I thought so highly of.

No comments:

Post a Comment